A limited number of original 1980 copies of this exhaustive and authoritative study of the town of Hanover have been made available to the Bethel Historical Society. Incorporated in 1843, the town of Hanover was formed by combining the 3,000-acre “Howard Gore” and that part of Bethel lying north of the Androscoggin River from Newry Corner Village to Rumford line. A History of Hanover, Maine, contains detailed chapters on town records, education, mills, ferries, veterans, and other subjects too numerous to mention. A large section of the book is devoted to the genealogies of local families, and numerous photographs, maps, charts and diagrams appear throughout. As an added bonus, a 75-page every-name index, compiled by BHS staff member Agnes H. Haines and not included in the original book, will be provided with each copy. 576 pages, hardcover.