- This event has passed.
A Harvest of History!
September 15 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us during Bethel Harvestfest as we present A Harvest of History!
ROBINSON HOUSE 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Bethel 250th Anniversary Autograph Quilt (limited number of squares available for purchase)
- White Mountain National Forest: A Centennial Exhibition
- The White Mountains: Alps of New England – art show & sale (final day; 10% discount on remaining artwork)
- “The Balancing Act: The Story and Legacy of the Weeks Act” (10 min. film; showing till 2:30 pm)
- Oxford County Skiing History exhibit (presented by Ski Museum of Maine)
- The 10th Division Mountain Troops and Mountain Culture in Postwar America exhibit (presented by New England Ski Museum)
- Collections Showcase – Earth Station at Andover, Maine
- “Why Quilts Matter” film series and display of contemporary quilts
- Trivet Quilt Class (1:00 to 3:00 pm): Kit and class provided for $45. Bring home a completed project. Contact Donna Gillis at 207-357-2644 to confirm. A limited number of sewing machines are available.
- Museum Shop
- cider pressing (until 2:00 pm)
DR. MOSES MASON HOUSE
- 11:00 am — presentation by Donna Sheerin Gillis on her “Texture of Life Memory Quilts” (exhibit hall)
- 1:00 pm — illustrated lecture by Gordon Stuart about “Multiple Use Management and the Evans Notch Plan of the 1970s” (exhibit hall)
- 1:00 to 4:00 pm; guided tours of 9 period rooms; Rufus Porter School wall murals (fee)
- 3:00 pm — one-hour film, “The People’s Forest: The Story of the White Mountain National Forest” (exhibit hall)